Introduction to Antarayan

This took me a long time to decide that I will be taking my first step into the world of blogs. It all happened after a discussion with my friend:

My friend: Hey, You have a lot of useless things in your mind. Why don't you write your blogs (Why only I should suffer)?
Me: What? Write something? Don't forget that we belong to same educational caste of useless-mediocre who could never "write" their assignment or examination within stipulated time. How can I write something?
My friend: No my dear fool! Blogging in fact is a peculiarity of our cast -who else has time to do it. It is an excuse of why we could not do anything (read - anything other than blogging) on time. It also adds a point in our so average CV as an extra curricular hobby. So start it if you want see some smartness in you (or, how un-smart people declare you).

I awoke. Is he talking sense? Does BLOG really means "Bekaar LOG"? My consciousness still deluded me to keep myself away from "writing anything", but a deep invoice kept insisting me to change my sub-caste to useless-but-smart-mediocre like a blogger. So today, Just like any other typical software engineer (My Super-Caste) I searched "Google Blog" on Google, hoping that Google must be having something of this sort and my searches carried me to "blogspot.com".
The very first awkward question I was asked was to select names for my blogs and blog's web page. Now, what is this? I am still a bachelor and I have never invented any machine. How can I have the experience of naming anything? I started with my own name but it was not available. I continuously changed spelling - It became unreadable, but still it was not available. I tried for some "chirkut" names we used to have for our friends but nothing excited me. It took me half an hour to derive at the name - Antarayan.
Antarayan is made of two Hindi words: अन्तः and अयन. अन्तः is "inside the body" or "soul" and अयन is "movement" or more precisely "revolution". So, Antarayan literally means moving around one's own soul. Antarayan is also a ritual of revolving around a sacred place like a temple with a belief of getting any desire fulfilled. Antarayan (अंतरयन) must not be confused with Antaraayan (अंतरायन) which means interruption. I understand, Blog can become an interruption in our deep sleep, but still it has nothing to do with it.

1 comment:

  1. waah baba, shuruat toh ahha kiye ho... bina topi ke hi itna kuh likh dena... well going :)

    ReplyDelete